Phlebologist vs. Phlebotomist

Although the two words have only 2 letters that are different, there is an enormous difference between a Phlebologist and a Phlebotomist.

A phlebotomist is a healthcare professional who is trained to draw blood from a patient for lab tests that are ordered by a medical doctor. Phlebotomy entails a relatively short training period.

A Phlebologist is a medical doctor with many years of medical school and postgraduate training. They specialize specifically in the diagnosis and treatment of varicose veins, spider veins, and venous disease. Providers with this designation have completed rigorous criteria to be certified in Phlebology. The end result of all of this knowledge, experience and training is a constant improvement in the diagnosis and treatment of persons having venous problems.

The American College of Phlebology is a professional organization of phlebologists, whose goal is to facilitate learning and sharing of knowledge regarding venous disease. Dr. Leary has received his certification in Phlebology and is a diplomate of the American Board of Venous & Lymphatic Medicine.

Before & After Photo Gallery

Medspa Treatments

Success Stories

Review Us: