How JUVÉDERM® XC Works?
- The key component in JUVÉDERM® XC dermal filler is hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring, biodegradable complex sugar found in the human body and in mammals. Among other things, hyaluronic acid hydrates the skin and adds volume, contributing to the overall appearance of the skin.
- The ability of cells to produce hyaluronic acid diminishes with age, often resulting in the formation of facial wrinkles and folds as the skin loses volume. JUVÉDERM® XC is administered by intradermal injection directly into moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds (the “parentheses” along the side of the nose and mouth), temporarily filling and augmenting the treated area.
- JUVÉDERM® XC contains 0.3% preservative-free lidocaine, a local anesthetic that provides pain relief at the injection site and allows patients to experience reduced discomfort during treatment.
- JUVÉDERM® XC is available in two formulations, JUVÉDERM®Ultra XC and JUVÉDERM®Ultra Plus XC.
- JUVÉDERM® XC dermal filler should only be administered by a trained and qualified health care provider. Further product and patient risk information is available by visiting www.Juvederm.com.
Before And After Photos